Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Best Me I Can Be

I have always been one to test myself... taking on big tasks and projects.. sometimes I win ... sometimes I fail.. but it doesn't stop me from trying. I get an idea in my head and I get excited about the possibilities of bringing that idea into reality.



Through the years I have had people ask "how do you do it all?" and I have had people say to me that I make them feel bad and comments suggesting I always have to out-do someone .... so I wanted to take a moment to answer these questions.



How do I do it all?



If it is a task or project you love and believe in .. you find the time... you may be tired, you may be busy, you may have a thousand other things to do .. you may want to just go home and curl up on the sofa and veg .. but ... if it is something you are passionate about ... the time is there... the drive and the will to get it done is there .... instead of not doing .. you just do. That is me .. so I have a lot of passions..lol.. I simply get excited about seeing things go from an idea in my head to reality and I do what I can to make that happen. Oh there are days when I just want to do nothing at all.. but then I sit there and I think of all the possibilities and more often than not .. I get back off the sofa and I get busy and before you know it .. you have finished projects galore!



Why do you always have to out-do (insert name of random person here)?



The only person I ever try to out do is myself.... I really don't think about what others are or are not doing .. I just think about what I am doing and what I'm not doing. Its exciting to me to go beyond what I think my limits are. There is a great reward in seeing that you can do more than what you thought you could do. I really have no limits ... I don't restrict myself from doing. If I get an idea in my head and then do nothing about it .. I disappoint myself.... and oh how I hate doing that ... then it becomes something I start dwelling on .. saying to myself "I could have"... At the end of my days I like to go to bed with the knowledge of "I did all I could do today" instead of "I could have done this .. I could have done that .. I wanted to do this .. I wanted to do that .. but but but .." So you see it's not about anyone else here but me ...lol....



You make me feel bad for not doing as much.. or I can't keep up with you...



Like I said previously .. I don't set out to make anyone else feel bad ... and you shouldn't. We are all different people. I do what I can .. and you do what you can. I'm just insane....lol.. I don't know how to rest and that's not always a good thing .. like today for instance.. I am so tired I can hardly hold my eyes open.. I have been thinking all morning about when I get home I want to take a nap and catch up on some much needed rest ... and then I have all these ideas in my head .. the ribbon shirt I have not finished and paintings I would like to start and oh yeah I have a new stained glass piece I want to start....lol.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You just don't know how often I want to just shut off that "I must do everything now" voice in my head ... but that is not me. So I exhaust myself .. I push myself ... I wear myself out and I do what I do.



I hope this has brought some understanding .. {{{hugs}}} to everyone



Be YOU .. don't worry about what everyone else can do.. is doing or isn't doing and just be YOU. Be the Best You .. You Can Be!





Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment