Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

My Invincible Summer


My Invincible Summer


“In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus


The above quote I find to be so true.

No life goes without some sort of bad weather… some sort of tragedy… some sort of sorrow …. Some sort of struggle.

We have all been there at some point in our lives.. some only a time or two and some many times over and over again it seems.

As I sit here now and think back to some of my darkest moments … I can surely see the struggle, the sadness/anger/despair/weakness/fear….. but also I can see the fight inside me to make it through.


Oh yes so often I had moments where I just wanted to give up and maybe I did for a brief second here and there …. But always I knew that was not the way I was going to go down and the fight within me to get beyond this dark point in my life was far stronger … in fact, looking back now, I can see how the darker my moments the stronger my fight.


There is a fire inside all of us .. when negativity comes into our lives our fires begin to burn out and die… it is only when we make the choice to rid ourselves of that negativity that our fires begin to roar again.


It is up to us to keep our fires roaring … it is in the choices we make .. and what we allow into our lives …


The fire never truly dies .. you may at times find that your fire has gone to burning embers … but all the while you have what it takes inside you to bring those embers back to that roaring fire that lights your way… fills your life with warmth and gives you the energy to keep you moving on your path.


Those dark times in our lives remind us that we do have what it takes to change our worlds.. you are all sitting here today reading this because you have made it through some sort of dark period in your own life.


When times get hard remember that inside you is that invincible summer determined to blossom new life.


Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment