Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Today's Walk


What a beautiful Spring day!

I pushed myself away from my desk and took myself down the street to the park and walked for my lunch break. I was greeted at the path entrance by sister crow, cawing from overhead.

Crows are the keepers of the Sacred Law and to have a Crow totem is very powerful. Personal Integrity are your watchwords and your guide in Life. If you have a Crow totem, your prime path is to be mindful of your opinions and actions. You must be willing to walk your talk, to speak your truth and to know your life’s mission. Crow is a omen of Change. Crow lives in the void and has no sense of time, therefore, it sees past, present and future simultaneously. Crow merges both light and dark, both inner and outer.
It is the totem of the Great Spirit and must be respected as such. They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength. Look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life. Crows are messengers calling to us about the creation and magic that is alive in the world today and available to us.

As I rounded my path for the 3rd time.. look at what was gifted to me

As I’m making my rounds my dear friend the dragonfly swoops by for a visit… and I say hello!

Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world. Dragonfly medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing. Call on Dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation.

The Jasmine is starting to bud and the fragrance is already filling the warm spring air… mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. so relaxing!


Jasmine is an astringent, anti bacterial, anti viral, cooling and bitter herb. It stimulates the uterus, calms nerves and is reportedly an aphrodisiac for women.

It is also used as an alternative for cancers, as well as viral and bacterial infections. J. officinale is used in perfumes, as well as flavoring for maraschino cherries.

It is mostly used in Ayurvedic medicine for infections with high fever, conjunctivitis, sunstroke, dermatitis, as well as cancer of the bones, lymphatic nodes and breast cancer.
Also it is used for mouth ulcers, and the fresh juice is applied to corns.

■This is useful for severe depression and especially for postnatal depression.
■It is useful during childbirth since it relieves pain and strengthens contractions and is also a hormonal balancer.
■On the skin it is used with great effect to treat dry, stressed and sensitive skins and also helps to increase elasticity.
■It has anti-depressant, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, aphrodisiac, emmenagogue, emollient, galactagogue, sedative and uterine properties.
The Robins are everywhere .. preparing their nests and fetching food for the young ones that have already hatched.. I always smile when I see the Robin.. it reminds me of the fairies.


A Robin totem will stimulate new growth in all areas of your life. Believe in yourself as you move forward. Obstacles will fall by the wayside if you do and confrontations will be for show only. This totem gives you the ability to will new growth into your life. Meditate on Robin and the correct path will be revealed to you.

I have to also speak of the Polk Salad that grew along the path .. It reminds me of my grandmother… when I was young she would always send me out to pick it when was ready. Then she would take it inside…. wash it off and cook a big pot of it … I never ate because I couldn’t stand the smell.. but she sure loved it!

Since pioneer times, pokeweed has been used as a folk remedy to treat many ailments. It can be applied topically or taken internally. Topical treatments have been used for acne and other ailments. Internal treatments include tonsillitis, swollen glands and weight loss. Dried berries were ingested whole as a treatment for boils, taken 1 berry per day for 7 days. Grated pokeroot was used by Native Americans as a poultice to treat inflammations and rashes of the breast. Independent researchers are investigating phytolacca’s use in treating AIDS and cancer patients. Especially to those who have not been properly trained in its use, pokeweed should be considered dangerous and possibly deadly.

All in all I’d say another productive walk


See you on the next round!

Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment