Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Message From Spirit 1-25-2011


When you stop making excuses and allowing your past to define you.. define who you are.. why you are the way you are .. and define the world around you ... then and only then will you find peace and be able to move forward.


It's like trying to roller skate up a hill... it's a hell of a lot of work and if you loose your focus for just a moment you begin to roll backwards.


Those skates are also your crutch .. your excuse.


You think they will get you up the hill faster .. when in fact you really aren't going anywhere .. forward a few inches.. roll back .. forward a few inches.. roll back .. work work work...


To say I am this way because of something that happened in my past is an excuse! LET IT GO!


At some point in our lives we will all go through some type of abuse.. some worse than others ... it causes us much damage and blurs our perspective on life.


We CANNOT then turn around and use that past experience to define us ... at some point we have to own responsibility for our actions and move beyond the abuse. No more do we make bad decisions and blame it on something that happened to us in the past. No more can we be hurtful and rude to others and blame that on past abuse. No more can we cry and moan about a miserable life and blame it on something else.No more can we run away from love, life and opportunity and blame it on our past!


Having said all that I want to say .. I don't take abuse in any way lightly .. and I don't take the effects that is has on us lightly .. I have come from a very abusive relationship in my past ... physical, mental, verbal.. you name it .. I've experienced it .. so I understand.


But there comes a point in your life where you have to say ..


THAT MOMENT IN MY PAST IS NOT ME.. IT IS NOT WHO I AM AND NOT WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO BE...


You have to rise above and beyond that moment in time .. let all that pain and hurt go ... it's not doing you any good to hold on to it .. so let it go..


By holding on to it .. you allow it to continue .. the abuse stays with you because you allow it to.


Hug yourself.. you are a good person and no you didn't deserve what happened to you ...


Bad things happen to good people... let it go. Allow yourself that much needed healing...


It's ok to be OKAY! Really it is... the world won't come crashing down because you are healing and feeling good...



Great big hugs to everyone .. I know many of you will relate and understand where I am coming from ..


I hope that you will be able to find that peace .. and experience that moment of moving beyond the past.


Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment