Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Stained Glass Guitar Project



My newest additction in stained glass... I'm working on a series of life sized guitars made of stained glass ...

At the moment I have them all pieced together and it's now time to start adding the real guiatr parts to them .. I'll be adding the bridge, stop, knobs and machine heads from real guitars and then also adding strings but not real guitar strings

I'm choosing not to use real guitar strings because of effect really .. the smaller strings would never be seen if I used real ones .. so choosing a wire that is a middle of the line guage between teh thickest string and the smallest.... hopefully that will turn out ok.. we will soon see.

Have a look at some of the guitars so far....



1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your guitars. I got the idea to make guitar patterns as well. Would you want to share your patterns? My name is Hayley, and I'm 18. I love stained glass. I'd love it if you could share a few of your patterns with me!

    my email is, rose_hayley@yahoo.com. I don't know if I will be back on this site, to see if you responded, so email would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete