Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Journey to the Summit


Today the Grandmothers came for a visit ...

Straight away one of them came over and grabbed me by the ear and said "come on, we must go"

"Go where, I asked" ... "nevermind that, just come on"

They said we had to get to the top of that mountain ... as she pointed to this remote, very steep mountain top that looked to be somewhere in Asia.

The mountain was a very tall, thin, pointy looking mountain .. I thought to myself ... OH DEAR! How on earth am I getting up there!!!

I started grabbing a few things as they pulled me to the base of the mountain ... things i thought I might need to help me along the way.

Off we went up the mountain .. the sun beating down on my back felt like a brick house pushing me down .. the grandmothers seems to climb with a whole lot more ease than me .... how could I be out-done by a couple of old ladies!!!

I kept climbing ...

As I climbed I began letting loose of some of those things I thought I needed.. I had to shed some weight to make it to the top.... lightened the load!

I'm not sure how long it took .. seemed like a long time ... but it was still daylight when we reached the top.

I reached the top and there was a bench sitting just overlooking the edge... I made my way over to the bench and sat down.

Exhausted ... I sat there for a while trying to catch my breath and gather my senses.

The grandmothers behind me say .. "What do you see? What do you feel? what do you hear? and what do you know?"

"I know I'm beat!", I thought to myself...

I sat there for a few moments looking out over the amazing view ... wondering to myself... "ok what is it they WANT me to see, hear, feel, and know?" hmmmmmmmmmm

"Forget about us for a moment and just speak your mind", they said.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eayes.. I could smell the flowers .. each scent individual and then a lingering of how they mingled together .. I felt the cool breeze as it washed over my face and brushed through my hair ... I felt the once hot sun ... now warming me as it dried my dripping wet clothes and it felt like a golden hug from heaven.... I could hear the wind as it blew through each blade of grass and how it seems to whisp around the whole mountain, encircling us all... I opened my eyes and I could see clear across the valley below without my glasses even on... the colors on the leaves as the sun played among the branches of every tree...

"Now, what do you know?" they asked

I know that somehow I feel lighter .. even though I am in body the same as when I started up the mountain .... and besides the fact of my material load being gone.. I feel lighter inside myself. I don't quite understand how, but I feel so light that it is as if I could glide down this mountain like a fall leaf in the wind.

I feel weightless... inside and out.

Think about this for a while, they said ... stay here and allow your mind to become crystal clear.

Suddenly I watched the memory of myself climbing this mountain and I watched as I started to lighten my load .. each time I let go of something .. it became something else... like thoughts or behaviors.. my concentration was solely on getting up this mountain and all those things I thought I needed weren't helping at all.. and without thinking about it I began to let these things go .. and suddenly I was at the top.

I smirked .. smart old women ....

We need nothing but what is inside us to make it to where we want to go.. a strong will and a bit of direction and we will get there as long as we don't give up and keep our eyes forward.

Thank you Grandmothers for this journey ... there are always lessons to be learned.



Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment