Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Walk to Remember


A walk with the fairies…

Today is an absolutely beautiful day so instead of sitting at my desk through my lunch hour, I decided to go down to the park a few blocks away and walk. Guess who joined me! That’s right the fairies accompanied me today.

Right away, upon stepping onto the walking path I was greeted by a dragonfly and I knew that this was going to be an adventurous walk. The was sun shining bright in the crisp blue sky and a breeze was whispering through the trees. Honeysuckle in full bloom as we make our way around the winding path in the park.

Coming around the bend, nearly completing my first loop, a beautiful yellow butterfly decides to join us. She dances softly upon the grass and the dandelions, playing upon the breeze as we complete round 1 of our battle of the bulge. The fairies are delighted to have a new playmate join us. The butterfly reminds us that life is a dance and to not take things so seriously. They also show us how transformation doesn't have to be traumatic, it can occur gently and with ease.

All together we round another bend in the path to find two bumble bees playing tag in the honeysuckle vines. What a hilarious sight, seeing the two of them dodge back and fourth and all around the honeysuckle. The fairies nearly fell to the ground laughing so hard at these two and all their buzzing about. The bumble bee is a great gift from Spirit, they teach us of the sweetness in life and their buzzing awakens us to the moment. The bumble bee also shows us that when we focus our intentions, much can be accomplished.

Making my way through round 2, I look up into the trees as the breeze sweeps through their branches and I can hear them cheer me on as I continue this battle of the bulge. I’m not giving up. I have got to keep going. With help from my friends, the fairies, I know I’m not alone as I push forward. My legs ache and it’s hot out but I must go on.

A cardinal dashes into the bushes, there must be a nest near. I see him sitting guard on a branch as I pass by. He turns his back to me as to say, nothing to see here folks, move on. I giggle and keep my pace. As I pass by the stream in the center of the park another butterfly joins us. This time a small white butterfly. The sunlight reflecting on its tiny little wings reminds me of the light that glows inside us all. That healing light of love that comes from the source and fills each and every one of us.

Wow, we are growing a crowd here. The fairies, the butterflies, the bumblebees, the dragonfly and me, all travelers enjoying the day. What a beautiful day for a walk it is. The aroma of honeysuckle fills the air and it reminds of when I was a kid, plucking the flowers from the vines for a taste of their sweet nectar. Those were the days when our only worry was being home before dark.

It’s round 3 already and with help from my friends and the beautiful day, I’m chugging along just fine. My legs have their strength and I’m not even out of breath. Round and round we go, dancing along this path, I have no doubts that I will reach my goal. The trees have secrets they wish to share with us as we journey. I am pleased that they wish to confide and am eager to hear what they have to say. They want to show us how we can stand strong and yet still be able to bend when needed. They tell us to let our worries go with the wind and to not cling too tightly to things. We have to allow life to flow through us for when we stand against the wind, we may very well break if not open to what comes our way. The trees are very wise. They have seen so much more than us and if you open your mind they will share with you too, their secrets and wisdom.

I’m now on my final journey and I see I have been given some gifts along the way. Not only the gift of great company keeping me focused on the journey before me but also some gifts from their world. I pick up a few items that I will use to craft some things with as a thank you to my walking companions. Just as we round that last bend, I see a raven sitting on the cool grass in the shade. Just as we approach she takes off, flying a complete circle around us.. showing off her remarkable gift of flight. The raven speaks and says we often don’t know who we are until we see what we can do and with that she fades off into the distance leaving us to finish what we have come to do.

Round 4 complete! I have a hand full of nature’s gifts to craft something special for my friends and so I must be on my way back to work. The dragonfly bids me a farewell as I exit the path, the bees get back to their game of tag, the butterflies continue playing upon the breeze and the fairies, well the fairies are always with me.

When you walk through life awake and with your eyes wide open.. there's no telling what you might see along the way.

Many Blessings,
Raventalker

P.S.
The pic I took at the top was taken at 2:22 hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment