Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

On My Walk Today


Amazing what you hear when you listen…

Today is a beautiful day with deep blue skies and a nice spring breeze… so when lunch hour came around I left my desk and went for a walk. I’d like to take a moment to share with you what I heard on my walk today.

The trees speak gently and whisper this message: No matter the force of the wind, stand your ground with roots planted deep and allow the wind to pass through you … you’ll be amazed to find yourself still standing.

The yellow butterfly came to dance with me as I made my rounds. So joyfully it danced back and fourth around my path as I made my way. The sunlight bouncing off it’s yellow wings gave it a brilliant luminescent hue. Yellow – the color associated with the sun – giving us the gift of revitalization, strength, endurance and mental clarity. The butterfly – reminding us to dance and to fill our hearts with joy. A reminder not to take life so seriously.

Suddenly a silver dragonfly came buzzing past me and then danced upon the honeysuckle along the path. The dragonfly – the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world. Dragonfly medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing. Call on Dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation. Silver gives us the gift of emotional stability, removes or neutralizes negativity, aids in intuition, dreams, psychic abilities and psychic workings.

And last but certainly not least – The dandelion – it’s seedlings drifted all over the park .. it looked as though they drifted on the breeze with purpose and knew where they were going. The dandelion has many medicinal purposes and reminds us that not only do we need to take of our spiritual but also our physical bodies.

Well, I’d say that was a very insightful walk today :-) It’s always fun learning something new and to be outside with all Creators gift … it can’t get much better than that!

Many Blessings,
Raventalker

No comments:

Post a Comment